Motorized systems for blinds and shades can make tasks such as adjusting hard-to-reach window coverings, controlling glare, or protecting valuable furnishings from the sun as simple as the push of a button.
Window coverings can be instantly adjusted to counter changing sun and temperature conditions and help create the perfect indoor atmosphere.
Benefits of Motorized Window Blinds Include:
- Easily adjust hard to reach window coverings
- Simply manage glare
- Protect furnishings from harmful UV rays
- Lower energy bills by balancing natural and artificial light to manage heat loss and gainExpand your outdoor living space with a motorized awning
- Increase security with motorized rolling shutters
- Automate your home by using sensors and timers
- Integrate motorized products into home automation systems for total home control from a single controller
Depending on your installation, you can access different levels of automation, from simple to more complete. You choose the automation that best suits your lifestyle:
- Motorize – use a wall switch or remote for manual control
- Automate – use sensors and timers for automated control
- Programmed Energy Management – use an app for custom programming and control at a swipe of the finger within your home (soon you will be able to do this over the internet)
Hunter Douglas Platinum technology integrates all motorized systems into one wireless communication system that can be controlled by switch, sensor, remote, or app. Wireless motorization is simple to use, accessible, enhances appearance, reduces safety risks of manual operation, adds to home security, quiet, easy to install, and all Hunter Douglas products are made entirely in the USA.
Solar energy sensors can adjust motorized blinds and shades based on changing sunlight for energy cost savings. An LCD timer allows you to program shade open and close over a 7 day period.
The system appropriate for your custom window coverings depends on the type of product you purchase. Some systems raise and lower window treatments and adjust slats, vanes and louvers, while others move the window covering from side to side, rotating vanes and louvers.
Hunter Douglas offers PowerView 2.1, PowerGlide 2.1 and PowerTilt technology on the following window coverings:
- PowerView 2.1 – Duette and Applause Honeycomb shades, Pirouette window shades, Silhouette and Nantucket window shades, Vignette Modern Roman Shades
- PowerGlide 2.1- Luminette Privacy Sheers, Skyline Gliding Window Panels
- PowerTilt – Chalet Woods blinds, Country Woods blinds, Everwood Collection, Modern Precious Metals blinds
Watch this video from Hunter Douglas on Motorization Systems
Use your iPhone, iPod, or iPod touch to control your Platinum motorized products in each room of your home by time of day. Signal repeaters plug into a standard home electrical outlet to extend the range of the signal throughout your home.The Platinum App for Android is in development. Watch the Hunter Douglas video below to see the App in action.